Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thanks India and Akorn for the most awakening trip

India was so full of surprises. I confess to having set off with certain prejudices; I left anxious to return.

At one point the trip felt too sterile - I wasn't getting close enough to the heartbeat of the people. Then it dawned on me that the huge diversity of the country was shielding me from the truth. I was close to the people , the luxury I experienced was real life, the Maharaja's and Princes were real, their lifestyles were real, I was in the middle of a modern day living history. Versailles and Neuschwanstein are real but history.

Twenty-two languages in Rajasthan alone; the birth of 4 religions; (Hindu, Bhuddist, Jainism, Shikism); the controversial caste system, the 'double talk' and the bargaining - India became a game and a challenge.

It is possible to partake in their lifestyle. From royalty to heritage pidgeon racing, to bartering for a camel at The Pushkar Camel Fair. As a proud new owner of a camel - it is your choice as to where or to whom you donate it. ...and they are not that expensive ... just part of the fun while experiencing their lifestyle....

There's so much more to see and do - Sikkum and Bhutan are on my list for 2012 - Kerala, Pushkar Fair and Sri Lanka for 2013.

Would love to hear from fellow adventurers and of course there's also the rest of the world to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment