Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oberoi Udaivilas

Oberoi Udaivilas - One of the most romantic spots that I have ever been to. No wonder the rich and famous flock here for proposals, weddings and honeymoons. None of my photos do justice to the place.

It was here that we were serenaded at sunset on a 125 year old Royal Barge where the twinkling city lights surrounded us.

It was also at this hotel that I was finally able to indulge myself with a private yoga class and an Ayurvedic treatment - (Ayurvedic meaning 'science of life' and yuj, Sanskrit for yoga meaning 'to join'). How could I be in India and not personally experience both? Ayurvedic is a system of traditional medicine practised in India, particularly in the south. Now it's all over the world, and here it was 'just' affordable! Amazing - I walked taller and lighter till the long flight home undid all the good.




No comments:

Post a Comment