Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kanha National Park

These are photos from the verandah of my tent, taken within 5 minutes of each other as the sun went down.


Bathroom amenities - the body scrub is amazing


Buster Art on a tree trunk in the tent.



View from the opposite side of the Vernadah


...and so on to the next stage of the trip .
I woke at 3.15 am for a 3.45am departure for the airport.
All was going well - checkin was fine - security - well got my tiny litle nail scissors taken from me - In the states the blades of one's scissors can now be up to 4' long and I'd flown with them in my hand luggage all the way from Charlotte to Delhi - but Delhi to Jabalapur - they were confiscated. No matter ... My flight is called and I find myself telling Air ZImbabwe that all is forgiven. KingFischer Airlines flies delapidated ATR 72 with twisted propellors.. Some luggage compartments were held together with duct tape, but we couldn't land due fog - or so we were told. we circled for 40 minutes - tired a landing and aborted it - tried again and this time went much lower I felt had I been able to put my hand out the window I'd have touched the tree tops . The attempt was abort with full engine throttle, we were told the pilot couldn't see the runway . SO it was off to Nagpur for refuelling - On the third attempt we made it, 5 hours to do a 2 hour flight, followed by a 4.5 hour drive, but then there was THAT tiger waiting for me . She was the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment