Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mumbai - Taj Mahal Palace Hotel

Just two years ago India suffered her own 9/11 - referred to as 26/11 when the Taj Mahal Palace hotel was attacked . Today the hotel is replendant once again but with extra deluxe touches such as flat screen televisions within the bathroom mirror . I found my self watching CNN while drying my hair - Is that luxury? - In my book anything that saves time or can put me ahead of the game without wasting my time is a luxurious - So yes - a 'PIM' (Pic in Mirror) TV sure adds to the luxury of a stay at the Taj.



The fine old heritage facade of the hotel



The atrium of the heritage section







If I have one bete-noir when travelling it's searching for those subdued, ambiance enhancing fancy light switches in hotel rooms prior to turning in. Just give me one light switch that does the job and let it be by my bed. The last thing I want to be doing is playing a game of 'find-the-light-switch' hide and seek when I'm tired and just want to go to sleep.

This hotel has finally got it right - congratulations - The Taj Mahal Palace hotel caps the realm of luxury - one switch within easy reach, with other options close by and easy to understand. It's combining little touches that create the best form of luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment