Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Saturday, November 29, 2014

People versus Pagodas, Scenery versus Stupas, Lifestyles versus Loving

The boat man who rowed me out to the U Bein Bridge  
I found everything in Myanmar integrated into an essence of  serenity. It didn't matter where I was, what I was looking at,  how strange  the circumstances, there was always  a peace  that indeed,  passeth all understanding.  These amazing people have not let the changes of their political past destroy their values.
A visit to Myanmar is not just  for the beauty of  the pagodas, temples, monuments  but for the admiration of an amazing nation  that is overcoming  much adversity.  Get there soon before it changes too fast. 
Our amazing chef, who produced the best meals through out my three weeks in Myanmar and China 

Gracious Thiri  who showed us how to make and apply  thanaka

My adorable Manadalay guide.

On the steps of the Mahamuni Pagoda

    

No comments:

Post a Comment