Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Friday, November 21, 2014

Governor's Residence, Yangon

I had the opportunity to walk around this wonderful old colonial hotel in Yangon  with just 27 rooms.  If there is a problem with staying here it might be the creaking wooden floors: for some this is an attraction,    for others..  well, life would be boring if everything was perfect.
Each time  I have an opportunity to absorb the charm of an old time colonial hotel it rekindles my desire to fashion  a round- the-world itinerary focused on these iconic symbols of a more gracious and leisurely time. 

These door knobs are  on the bathroom doors. Two fixed knobs on the outside  with a hinged peacock on the inside  to latch the doors closed.



 A wonderful antique Burmese armoire.
  


 Me,  the entrance to the hotel,  the pool and of course the inevitable peacock, Myanmar's  national bird.

3 comments:

  1. I precisely had to thank you so much all over again. I am not sure the things I would've achieved without those hints contributed by you relating to that industry. It has been the fearsome concern for me, but viewing a well-written strategy you processed the issue made me to jump over delight. I'm grateful for this guidance as well as hope you really know what a great job that you are putting in teaching people today using your webpost. I am sure you haven't encountered all of us. Residence Yangon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!Residence Yangon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this issue? Yangon residence

    ReplyDelete