Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Grace Bay Club in the Turks and Caicos Islands

Only a few short weeks away I was dining on the beach at Grace Bay Club  and as our weather begins to change with the thought of colder days ahead,  island living if only for a short time seems more and more appealing.

As on my previous four visits to these islands  the friendliness of the people always stands out . It's a warm welcoming island where the food is amazing and the beach stretches for miles, but price wise,  to avoid sticker-shock  think New York prices. There's a 40% tax on all imported foods.

Nevertheless attention to detail is everywhere, with amazing wow-factor surprises. This strawberry tree was in my room as my good night treat.
and the next night a selection of three rums.

I was staying in a three bedroom unit  with four poster beds,  lavish bathrooms large walk-in closets, verandahs overlooking the beach and Caribbean sea, a local cell phone to reach my butler  and free worldwide international calling from the room.  Naturally I had to see if this really worked, so called my sisters, one who lives in Spain and the other who lives in South Africa.   The call was as clear as a bell with no charge and no charge for wifi either ..  


 Today, thru Dec 16  my host is offering a special  with a $250.00 resort credit  - two complimentary nights with a 7 night stay  - daily full American breakfast tax and service in a one bedroom suite with afternoon tea..... where the resort boasts the longest infiniti bar in the world. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment