Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

American AIrlines - Qu'est que vous pensez?

I've just flown to Paris on American Airlines, a somewhat circuitous route - Charlotte to Miami to Charles de Gaulle, returning Paris to Kennedy - La Guardia to Charlotte, but when the price is right that's what you do. I play my usual cunningly quiet game and once again secure three seats to myself.

It was a wide- body out of Miami and two hours late taking off due to something or other that fell off the plane. No matter - these days one can expect such interruptions - we take off two hours later and when I ask for a glass of wine I'm given one.. On the return flight I'm charged $7.00 . I'm told that's because they don't charge for alcohol when a flight is delayed, but neither do they tell anyone. The flight attendant also happily adds that if they were to announce free alcohol all the passengers would  be drunk. American Airlines, do you seriously think that every other international airline that offers free alcohol on every flight carries drunk passengers?

Please give your passengers better creditility than that and enjoy the mileage you would get by apologising for being late and announce that there is no charge for wine ror beer - You'll get much more credit to do so than not to do so .

No comments:

Post a Comment