Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Sunday, October 11, 2015

PANDAS.




As a child,  growing up in Zimbabwe, where I had the BIG FIVE at my doorstep whenever I wanted, I yearned to see two types of bears, the koala and the panda. Like any child I had my stuffed versions but as bucket lists became de rigeur, the tiger, koala and panda featured high on my list.
I had achieved fabulous sightings of  both tiger and the koala, the former you can see on this blog, and  the latter I saw several times long before blogging became a household word.
For me, this year has been The Year of the Panda - I wonder why the panda doesn't feature in the Chinese Zodiac? - If anyone out there knows why I'd love to hear from you. It seems the dear panda would be such a natural and certainly far more appealing than the snake or the rat.







    

No comments:

Post a Comment