Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Dominican Republic

My room at Casa de Campo




View to the right



View to the left across golf course




Had a real early start to my day - 4.00am. Left the hotel at 4.35am drove myself to the airport, parked in daily parking at 6.00 a day walked thru security with my carry on and was at the gate just 25 minutes later. Spoke to no one and no one asked to see my passport - offered my driving license as ID and had printed my boarding pass at home prior to leaving. Flying over The DR two things hit me - how large it is and how green. Theres a $10.00 arrival charge at the airport for which one is given a coupon and surrender at the next guichet.

No comments:

Post a Comment