Island Destinations.

You'll find useful travel tips, fun travel trivia, amazing destinations and unusual ideas.

Contact us to help you follow your perfect dream as we create and care for your perfect vacation.



Friday, May 13, 2011

American Airlines - What are you thinking? - Where's your customer care ?

American Airlines is charging 25.00 per person for a seat assignment if requested over the phone?
I booked two cabins with Oceania Cruise lines using the free air package promotion. ...Of course nothing is free - the 'free air' also carries $800.00 per person in taxes, security fees and fuel surcharge.... and of course if you want to confirm a non-stop direct flight there is a deviation fee of 100.00 per person to secure an acceptabe flight. This, sadly is the way the world works these days ....But, as I want my clients to sit together on the flight and I don't have the PNR # seeing it was booked through a cruise line, I call American to discover there is a 25.00 fee per seat assignment when requested over the phone. Let's get some customer service and good PR here . I'm usually a pretty level-headed agent but this has made my blood boil. I did achieve my goal by going on line and avoiding the fee and I could say that's a good reason to use a consultant but it's the waste of time that gets to me .
On the other hand - my clients are returning on Delta Airlines, who assigned their seats and cross-referenced the reservations with no fee. Thank you Delta, your customer service is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment